Our client, with Head Offices in Dublin West, are a leading player in the Waste Management Industry. They currently require an experienced Health, Safety & Environmental Officer to deliver a functioning Health & Safety integrated Management System covering all aspects of the company’s operations.
- Responsible for managing and maintaining a high level of H&S compliance on and off site.
- Responsible for implementation and maintaining current procedures, policies and safe systems of work
- Case management of all incidents and accidents, liaising closely with the appropriate legal and insurance bodies and keeping senior management updated in a timely manner.
- Monitor relevant legislative updates, ensuring necessary changes are applied promptly
- Regularly review and update Company Risk Assessments, Safe Operating Procedures and Safety Statement, communicating updates Company wide
- Manage and update the Health & Safety plan to achieve and maintain the relevant Health & Safety management system standards.
- Delivering Health & Safety induction programmes for new employees or contractors working on site
- Maintain accurate records of training and a training matrix data base.
- Update and deliver safety toolbox talks for all staff and maintain records of same.
- Investigate, record and report accidents, incidents and near misses promptly, ensuring any corrective actions are applied without delay & compliance reviewed thereafter.
- Work with the EPA, HSA, RSA and all relevant public bodies who visit the sites to ensure compliance with all relevant legislation and respond in a professional and timely manner
- Third Level qualification in Health and Safety or related discipline is required
- A Certificate in Environmental Science.
- Membership of ISOH or similar body.
- At least one years’ experience in an H&S role.
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to handle multiple priorities.
- Excellent decision-making skills and the ability to be assertive.
Salary €45k+ doe